At the very beginning of this GreenPan review in our continued ceramic cookware reviews on best ceramic cookware, it is good to say a few words about the manufacturer of this GreenPan 12-Piece Rio Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set. It is quite fair for the consumers to know briefly of the company that makes the consumer products they will be using. It gives them satisfaction and some peace of mind to know that their goods come from a reliable company that has a good reputation on the market.
Greenpan being their beginning brand, a Belgium-based cookware manufacturer named The Cookware Company came to the cookware market in 2007. Since then they have been able to reign in 90 countries having established an international presence. GreenChef, GreenLife, and VitaVerde are their other sister cookware brands followed by GreenPan. GreenPan cookware has been popular internationally for high-quality materials, impeccable design, and unmatched workmanship of their products.
Celebrities like Joan Lunden, Trisha, Todd English, Elena Malysheva, and Yearwood appreciate Greenpan cookware and the different brands made by the cookware company as their best ceramic cookware. A patented technology named Thermolon is what makes this green cookware separate from its competitors among many other features. This company stands behind their green cookware with a solid warranty. It is natural that a good manufacturer producing quality products alone dares to offer such a warranty.
Description of the GreenPan Set:
This GreenPan set,12-piece Rio Ceramic Nonstick cookware, is simultaneously sturdy and stylish. Outside of the pots and pans are shiny black while the inside is cream color making the combination superb. The Thermolon ceramic nonstick cookware ensures excellent cooking results making the post cooking cleaning unbelievably easy. The ceramic cookware set includes the following pots and pans.
What This Greenpan Set Includes:
- 1-qt Saucepan plus lid
- 2-qt Saucepan plus lid
- 3-qt Saucepan plus lid
- 8-inch Frypan
- 5-inch Frypan
- 5-inch Sauté pan plus lid
- 5-qt Casserole plus lid
Features of This GreenPan Set Our GreenPan Review Discovered:
- Construction: Construction of your cookware matters a lot. Best quality thick aluminum is at the core of the green cookware of this set. It ensures both uniform and fast conductivity of heat in the cookware giving you.
- Use of Thermolon Ceramic Coating: Thermolon is widely known for its great heat conductibility. It goes without saying that a cookware performs its best if it ensures uniform heat distribution. The thermolon nonstick coating used in Greenpan cookware guarantees this even heat across the cookware when in use and thus gives you a pleasant cooking experience be it searing or frying.
- Durability: Durability of this Green cookware is guaranteed. The ceramic coating used in this set is extra strong and ensures the long life of your cookware. If maintained properly, your green pots and pans can last even for decades. Therefore, investment in this cookware set is well worth it.
- Healthy cookware: Thermolon ceramic nonstick cookware doesn’t contain any PFOA, Cadmium, or Lead that can be a health threat to you or your family. This special healthy cookware doesn’t require you to use a lot of oil for your frying needs. Being the best nonstick cookware this Rio GreenPan set doesn’t emit any harmful fumes even when overly heated. Thus, you can be happy thinking that you are using safe cookware.
- Extra Convenience: Handles stay cool when in use. Being phenolic, handles have a safe grip. Glass lids of this green cookware are tempered and they give you the comfort of watching your cooking progress without ever removing the lids. Pouring is a breeze with this pots and pans set as they won’t drip.
- Warranty: 2-Year limited time Warranty gives you the peace of mind that in case anything goes wrong, you have something to fall back on.
Pros Our GreenPan Review Found:
- PFOA free Healthy Cookware
- Impeccable design
- Elegant look
- Aluminum Construction for great heat transfer
- Patented Thermolon Ceramic Nonstick Cookware
- Easy to clean best nonstick cookware
- Rivet free durable handles
- 2-Year Warranty
Cons Detected by Our GreenPan Review:
- The only con reported as far as we are concerned is the cookware set is on the heavy side. Some customers even consider this con a pro as they think the weight is the symbol of its sturdiness.
Maintenance Our GreenPan Review Suggests:
All cookware sets require proper care. So does this GreenPan cookware. If mishandled, even your best nonstick cookware will not function up to your expectations. This best cookware set can last even a lifetime if the following cleanup guideline is followed.
- Abide by the cleanup tips offered by the purchaser manual
- Use non-metallic scrubbers for cleaning
- Use mild soap or detergent
- Don’t stack your nonstick pans on top of each other to avoid scratch
- Don’t throw your heated ceramic nonstick cookware in cold water immediately.
Conclusion of Greenpan Review:
With all the above features, a 2-Year Warranty, and 16 ceramic cookware reviews by Amazon buyers with a 4.6 rating out of 5, this GreenPan review can only give this GreenPan 12-piece ceramic nonstick cookware set a Go-ahead.